Fire breaks out in multi storied building

Kolkata, 30 March : A huge fire broke out on the 16th floor of a multi storied residential building in South Kolkata today,causing panic among the residents because of the locked down situation though none was injured.
According to the Fire Brigade sources,at least 10 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames in about two hours.Electrical short circuit was believed to be the cause of the inferno,they said after preliminary investigation.
As soon as the fire and huge smoke were noticed from a flat on the 16th floor of the 20 storied building in Bhowanipore area this noon by the security guards and some residents in the building, they informed the fire brigade which arrived in no time and started controlling the blaze.
‘We were able to control the fire in about two hours time and rescued all people from the building safely’, said a senior Fire Brigade officials.
Reiterating that none was injured in the fire or for inhaling smoke,the Fire Brigade sources hailed the fire fighting equipment in the building.
‘Though we are yet to estimate the damage due to the fire, it was believed to be originated from an electrical short circuit in the building’, they said.
State Fire Brigade minister Sujit Bose rushed to the spot after hearing the news to help coordinate the fire fighting.